|This page is currently inactive and is retained for historical reference.
Either the page is no longer relevant, or consensus on its purpose has become unclear. If you want to revive discussion regarding the subject, you should seek broader input via a forum such as the Village pump.
If you believe in the sharing of free knowledge with the entire global community, consider that creating a Wikipedian student organization on your campus is a great way to grow the community of Wikipedia editors. A student organization provides a community for students to learn about and teach others about contributing to Wikipedia.
Resources for Wikipedian student organizations
- Visit the Activities Page for examples of activities.
- Are you interested in starting a student club? Here's a step-by-step guide.
- Click here for information about using the Wikipedia or Wikimedia marks.
- Click here for information about applying for funding.
- Learn how to get started here, and create your page on Outreach Wiki.
- Is there a resource that you would like to see listed here? Please Email studentclubswikimedia.org or leave a comment on this talk page with your suggestions.
Map of Wikipedian student organizations
For a map with locations of student organizations and Campus Ambassador programs, see Wikipedia Universities map.
Please add information to this map (see Wikipedia Universities map editing).
List of Wikipedian student organizations with pages on this wiki
Once you create a page for your student organization it will automatically appear on this list. For a list of active student organizations without a page (yet), please click here. Note that we've revised our page creation process to make it simpler. (If you still like the old format, you can find instructions here.)
Creating an identity for your club or group
One of the key steps in growing your club or group is creating an attractive and informative visual identity. We've put together some sample club identities to help Wikipedians and Wikipedia fans identify their cause. Use this graphic handbook to create highly visible systems for apparel, way-finding, posters and more.
Upload your finished designs to Commons and share in the Clubs for Wikipedians gallery.
If you're interested in starting or working with a student organization, please add your username to the list and Email studentclubswikimedia.org to let us know how you would like to contribute.
Blogs and press coverage
- First U.S. Wikipedia student club starts at University of Michigan, Wikimedia Foundation Blog, August 17, 2010
- Fine-tuning Wikipedia, James Madison University, April 1, 2011