Primary Contacts edit
Project portal edit
Program Description edit
General information edit
Several projects with students, high school students, PhD students, teachers and researchers in charge of courses are running in Catalan Areas. Two aims for these actions :
- The specific modus operandi of Wikipedia is its main strength for educational approach in media education. Nature of the sources, cross-checking of these sources, synthesis and critical thinking etc. Wikipedia is an ideal tool for addressing innovative concepts essential to research, consultation and information processing on the Internet. It is therefore important to bring the professionals of education to a better understanding of this encyclopedic project and its appropriation for its use in the classroom. It is for these reasons that Amical Wikimedia is counselling the professionals of education in using Wikipedia's contents and enriching them.
- Improve Wikimedia contents by educational projects : teachers and researchers in charge of courses train their students to create new quality contents.
- Number of courses per year
|3||1||3||5||8||13||38||44||58||24 (November 2016)||197|
School programs edit
- Talks to students aged 12-16 about Wikipedia: how does it work, how to edit, how to read, collaborative editing, etc. for example in ca:Institut de Sils.
University programs edit
- Students of the 1st Master of Archival and Records Management in the ESAGED in an exercise in the class Introduction to Archival and Information Technology and Communications. Also, another goal is that students learn to create the Master and improve articles on Wikipedia, according to the style guide (3 editions).
- Students participate in Museum Management Postgraduate Institute of Continuing Education University Pompeu Fabra (UPF), co-organized with the National Art Museum since 2012-2013. Participation in the project is part of a learning activity and assessment.
- Viquifabricació (Wikimanufacturing). 2 editions (2011&2012), see ca:Viquiprojecte:Viquifabricació. Several universities, Catalonia&Spain, workshops+contest.
- University students of History of Art participated in 35-hour long edit-a-thon in Fundació Miró (april 2013, see )
- Viquiprojecte Museu del Disseny (2013): 14 Professional Schools of Design joined the project lead by the Design Museum of Barcelona, where more than 100 students edited articles related to Design anf Fashion. See: 
- ESMUC: Students at the Music School of Catalonia edited articles related to Catalan Music Performenrs of different times (2013).
- Viquiclàssics: Literature Classics at Wikipedia. First edition (2013) at Autonomous University of Barcelona, with 3 classrooms of Classical Studies. Second edition 2014-2015 the University of Girona joined the project, so there will be 5 classrooms editing. See 
- Wikipedia done in collaboration between GRACMON (Research Group in History of Art and Design of Contemporary University of Barcelona) and Fabrik Wikipedia (n association of Wikipedians, the various contributors of the Wikimedia sister projects in Catalan, and supporters of the project, legally constituted as a non-profit organization)
- Improve the presence of Catalan Modernism on Wikipedia following the quality standards that this brand.
- Highlight and make accessible the knowledge generated in the network at the university.
- Implement new models of open education.
Design Programs edit
- See WikiArs for more info