Project: Wikipedia in UniversityEdit
- This would be our main pilot project, formation of Wikipedia editors groups in universities.
- This project would consist of teaching students at in Quito, Ecuador on editing Wikipedia.
- Our initial goal;
- Reach several students at this University (20 for the initial pilot),
- Keep an average of percentage of editing retention (30% or better)
Starting from 2016, we had a successful pilot with a teacher's class where she taught her students how to edit Wikipedia with the support of Wikimedistas de Ecuador, and up to 2018, we are running constantly edit-a-thons and around 100 students have now edited Wikipedia in her class.
Project: Wikipedia in the ClassroomEdit
- This is a new project for the group of volunteers from Wikimedians of Ecuador
- The project goal;
- is to organize an activity gathering schools interested in incorporating Wikipedia editing into curricular assignments
- build a strong relationship with every single one of them, specially motivating Girls into being editors to get a better gender diversity.
- It would be ideal to have at least one school with one complete grade working on this, aiming for a number of 20-40 students, and monitoring their editing retention.
- Vahidmasrour (talk · contribs)'s presentation: "Wikipedia en la educación: ¿Por qué no y por qué sí?"
- Club Wikipedia (forming groups of Wikipedia editors at universities, colleges and community centers)
- Wikipedia en el Aula (Wikipedia in the classroom)