Open Foundation West AfricaEdit
On going projectsEdit
- Wikipedia Education Program Ashesi - Social Theory Course
- There are over one hundred and eighty (180) students who are currently taking this course which is an academic requirement. Students were introduced to Wikipedia and how to edit and contribute to it and other sister projects of the Wikimedia Foundation
- This is a campus based Club that was spearheaded by Open Foundation West Africa and has been fully registered under the schools by laws and operational on the Campus. This is intended to promote the Education project as well as other interventions within the movement with a close supervision by Open Foundation West Africa.
- Find out more about them on their Facebook Page
- Summer Open School
Related Education ProgramsEdit
The following include related projects that have been organised by Open Foundation West Africa.
Wikimedia Ghana User GroupEdit
Since 2012 Wikimedia Ghana User Group has embarked on one school curriculum based program at Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA) Law School, one school club at Ghana Institute of Journalism, and five school outreach workshops and talks at All Nations University, University of Ghana via Google Ambassadors, Koforidua Polytechnic, Ghana Institute of Journalism via our 360 Gh creative writing partner and Ashesi University via our Barcamp partner.
With the exception of Ashesi University and Google Ambassadors at the University of Ghana, all other programs are open for a continuation and/or even have additional programs in the works.
Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA) Law SchoolEdit
60 Level 400 students of the Intellectual Property Law course at the law school were given grades for writing articles about intellectual property in Ghana as group work in a semester. They wrote 8 articles, 7 are live on Wikipedia.
Moving forward we have a new program this 2019 with the school.
Ghana Institute of Journalism (GIJ)Edit
At GIJ, our outreach was fashioned as a school club – the GIJ Wikipedia Club. The club was founded following a Wikipedia session at the school through a partner event on 24th February, 2017. There are about 33 members of the club now.
Other outreach which targeted schoolsEdit
- All Nations University
- University of Ghana via Google Ambassadors
- Koforidua Polytechnic
- Ghana Institute of Journalism (creative writing partner workshop)
- Barcamp Ashesi
Lycée Français d'AccraEdit
Pending in 2019: The user group is set to train teacher(s) to give Wikipedia editing as a course assignment for students. There's also an opportunity for a school club.
Wikimedia Ghana User Group via email@example.com