Primary Contacts edit
- Dr. Netha Hussain, Wikipedia Education Collaborative, Wikipedia Education Program India
- Ananth Subray Programme Associate, CIS-A2K
- Dr. U.B. Pavanaja Secretary, Karavali Wikimedians User Group
Program Information edit
Wikipedia as a resource for education edit
Wikimedians in India have been working towards creating learning material for schools and Universities.
- Hindi wikipedia education program
- Malayalam Wikipedia Education Program is a program aimed at creating articles on Malayalam Wikipedia with collective inputs from teachers and students from selected schools in Kerala.
- Offline Wikipedia for Indian schools is the project aimed at compiling Wikipedia articles for reference for high school students in India.
- IT @ School project created a repository of information on schools in Kerala using Wikipedia as a resource. Articles written by school children on school wiki are edited and converted into Wikipedia articles.
- Wikipedia for Rural India is a program for familiarizing Wikipedia to people living in remote villages of India.
- Med-GLAM gallery for teaching pathology according to Indian medical school curriculum.
- CIS-A2K has partnerships with educational institutions in India.
- Wikipedia Student Association is a program designed and rolled by Kravali Wikimedians User Group in colleges.
Learning by creating content for Wikimedia edit
Several Indian Universities and schools have attempted to integrate Wikipedia into education.
- India Education Program pilot for students and teachers from Pune.
- Wikipedia Education Program at Christ University: Students at Christ University in Bangalore have been editing Wikipedia as an assignment during their coursework.
- Wikipedia in Tech Education : Engineering students from SKP Engineering College work on topics related to language computing and MediaWiki under the guidance of an expert faculty.
- Wikipedia Education Program at SVERI, Pandharpur
- Wikipedia Education Program at ALC, Vijayawada
- Wikipedia Education Program at St. Aloysius College, Mangalore
- Wikipedia Education Program at B K Shah Medical Institute
Research on Wikimedia edit
Several researches have studied about various aspects of Wikipedia by interviewing Wikimedians.
- Creating knowledge, mapping the nature of content and processes on the English Wikipedia, by Sohnee Harshey, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai.
- Wikipedia in India: Past, present and future by Gautam John
- Oral citations for Wikipedia, by Shiju Alex, Achal Prabhala
Conferences for student Wikipedians edit
- Wikividyarthi-Sangamam, a mini-conference for school students contributing to Malayalam Wikipedia was conducted as a part of the annual gathering of Malayalam Wikimedians in 2013.
- Education track at WikiConference India, on 7 August 2016.
- Wikipedia and Cochrane Symposium 2014
- Wikipedia Summit Pune - Mini Conference by Students from Pune University.
- Wikipedia as a pedagogical tool (IEG project): Identify effective instructional strategies that can leverage Wikipedia in education.
Education in news edit
- India launches National Repository of Open Education Resources, Wikimedia India, 15 August 2013
- Wikipedians vow to revive school wiki, Deccan Herald, 22 December 2015
- Social Media Helps Regional Wikipedia Communities In India, "Business 2 Community", 28 July 2012