Wikimedia Education news bytes
Author: EduWiki Outreach Collaborators, Mohammed Galib Hasan Abir, Owula kpakpo, Brazal.dang, Neboysha87, JamaicanEditor, José Reyes, Camelia.boban
Social Media channels or hashtags: #EWOC #EduWiki
Summary: Wikimedia Education news bytes are updates from the community specialist group of the EduWiki Outreach Collaborators, they monitor the activities happening in different regions and sharing it as short stories with the wider community. It will be published bi-monthly.
- August 2020
- GLAM Macedonia User group organized a competition on Wikipedia in Macedonian for high school students during which they got more than 700 new and edited articles.
- Wikimedia Italy had opened two calls for school teachers and students: "Wiki-imparare" ("Wiki-learn"), to provide funding to 10 selected schools to purchase technological equipment for using Wikimedia educational resources. "Diventa wiki docente" ("Become wiki-teacher") targets 60 to participate in one of three online courses recognized by the MIUR - Italian Education Ministry.
- Wikimedians of Caribbean UG is planning of starting Education and GLAM initiatives.
- September 2020
- Wikimedians of Republika Srpska are preparing edit-a-thon for November and local EduWiki Conference next year.
- WikiChallenge Ecoles d'Afrique/en is initiated, a writing contest that creates a fun way for students (9-13) to learn how knowledge is built by contributing to Vikidia, the little sister of Wikipedia dedicated to children aged 8-15 years.
- Wikimedia Indonesia through their Education Coordinator was invited to be a resource speaker by Zenius Education, they did a live broadcast on Youtube and Zenius Education FB Page about culture-based learning in the midst of current technological advances.
Thanks to all the volunteers who are part of this group for collecting stories from the community and sharing it with us.