Content Partnerships Hub report
Enter our logo competition
We have gotten several entries to our logo competition for the Content Partnerships Hub logo. We would like to see even more people participating so we have decided to hold the competition open until May 16th. Looking forward to seeing your entries!
United Nations Environment Programme have shared even more of their publications on Wikimedia Commons, please take a look and use these instructions to add text from them into Wikipedia. Let us know what you've done with the content!
Needs assessments research results
During the interviews we have identified five key themes in the needs identified by participants and the support they requested. The five themes that match needs and wanted support are around Funding and staff, Documentation, Management and communication, Support for collaboration and Technical skills and tools. This is the basis for future working groups and perhaps for some kind of start for a global partnership program. We would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who participated in the interviews and discussions! Thank you!
Wrapping up some ISA-things
Only love for the ISA tool
A few things that we had been working on with ISA were finally deployed.
Translating the interface has been possible for a while now, using Translatewiki. However, these translations were not automatically deployed and therefore not presented to the user. Deploying these can be done manually by one of the maintainers, but this is something that can easily be forgotten or cause issues. Now there is a script that runs automatically once a day and updates the translation files.
Users are now referenced by id rather than username. This quite a large change in the backend even though it may not look any different to the user. There was at least one bug that was caused by this where you couldn't access a campaign that you had created if your username was too long. It also means that the database will take less space because every reference to a user is just a number rather than a string of characters.
You can now choose which language to use when searching for what an image depicts. Previously the language of the interface was used for this. While more languages have been added thorough translations there are still only a handful of them. The new setting allows you to either select a specific language or use the same one as the interface.
If you want to see a full log of what's been done, including links to Phabricator tasks with more technical information, head over to m:Content_Partnerships_Hub/Software/ISA_Tool.
No comments yet. Yours could be the first!