GLAM/Newsletter/October 2019/Contents/Wikidata report
< GLAM | Newsletter | October 2019 | Contents
We Are Seven
By Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing)
Happy Birthday Wikidata!
Wikidata was seven years old on 29 October, and so WikidataCon 2019 was held in Berlin. You can read all about it, see high-quality videos of many of the sessions, and enjoy the many "birthday presents", all via the program.
- Wikidata won an Open Publishing Award (description).
- Panandâ, a mobile app powered by Wikidata (and Wikimedia Commons), was selected as one of the five finalists in the App for Social Good category in the Android Masters 2019 competition organized by Google Developer Group Philippines. The final event will be held on November 16.
Press, articles, blog posts
- Generating "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" Questions Sets Automatically from Wikidata, Markus Wohlan, et al.
- Wikidata: A large-scale collaborative ontological medical database, Houcemeddine Turki et al.
- My message to video game databases: We(kidata) come in peace, by Jean-Frédéric (the subject is broader than just video games)
- Lei (Nico) Zheng, et al. (2019) The Roles Bots Play in Wikipedia. Proceedings of the ACM: Human-Computer Interaction, Volume 3, Issue CSCW, Article 215 (November 2019), 20 pages. DOI: 10.1145/3359317 (also blog post).
- Lina M. Rojas-Barahona, et al. (2019) Spoken Conversational Search for General Knowledge. Proceedings of the 20th Annual SIGdial Meeting on Discourse and Dialogue. ACL Anthology ID: W19-5914 + arXiv:1909.11980
- Querying Wikidata RDF with SQL using RDF2X
- Ozymandias in Canberra - how the Atlas of Living Australia could be enhanced using Wikidata
- Knowledge Graph Consolidation by Unifying Synonymous Relationships - Jan-Christoph Kalo, et al.
- Analysis of Urban Information of Colombia on Wikidata, 2nd CATAÏ Workshop, Bogota, Colombia, 23-24 October 2019 (Preprint)
- Wikidata as a FAIR knowledge graph for the life sciences (preprint in Biorxiv)
- Una lezione di biblioteconomia, o Del nome corto dell’autore
- PhD thesis: Candela Romero, Gustavo (2019). Publicación y enriquecimiento semántico de datos abiertos en bibliotecas digitales (in Spanish).
- ShowTalkLabels: with this script enabled, when a talk page is shown on your watchlist or similar pages, the label of the related entity is shown.
- OpenRefine 3.3 beta was released
For all other Wikidata news, new properties, etc, see:
- d:Wikidata:Status updates/2019_10_07
- d:Wikidata:Status updates/2019_10_14
- d:Wikidata:Status updates/2019_10_21
- d:Wikidata:Status updates/2019_10_28
In this issue
- Australia report
- Colombia report
- Czech Republic report
- Estonia report
- Finland report
- France report
- Indonesia report
- Malaysia report
- Netherlands report
- Norway report
- Sweden report
- UK report
- USA report
- Special story
- Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons report
- Wikipedia Library report
- Wikidata report
- Wikimedia and Libraries User Group report
- Wikisource report
- WMF GLAM report
+ Add a commentDiscuss this story
To follow comments, add the page to your watchlist. If your comment has not appeared here, you can try .
No comments yet. Yours could be the first!
Want the latest edition delivered to your talk page each month?