To create interactive maps of building floorplans for use on Wikipedia.
Galleries • Libraries • Archives • Museums
Use cases edit
- "...documentation of a restoration of a country house from the 1900's"
- "...having an 'imagemap' based interactive floor plan graphic to support [the institution's] Wikipedia article.
Feature requirements edit
Possible Implementation methods edit
- "create .svg floorplans for each level, put them on the cooperation page and link to image galleries on commons via imagemag/annotator. the source for the .svg files is provided by the museum (scans of old originals)"
- e.g. https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/w/index.php?title=L%C3%BCbeck "Look at the red dot on the map - it is actually a separate image overlaying the map (click on the dot, and you go to the image page for the dot). The template uses the geolocation to calculate the position of the dot."
- "The logic from image annotations can be adapted, see http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Images_with_10%2B_annotations for examples."
Who Needs This? edit
Please sign usernames and mention institutions that are actually going to use this, if this is made available. It'll help prioritize.