The Wikimedia Education Newsletter is a quarterly bulletin written and published by the Wikimedia community with the news of Wikipedia in Education.
Content leader edit
The content leader's role is to watch the newsroom, help edit and review posts added by other community members, write posts, encourage program leaders to write about their experiences, and collect Wikipedia in education news from the media. This volunteer leader will make sure the newsletter content is ready two weeks before the publication date. This may require volunteering for 3-5 hours every month and the volunteer should have good writing skills.
Publication leader edit
The publication leader is responsible for creating the pages for every new issue of the newsletter. This volunteer will move the content prepared by the community to the new issue pages and make sure it is in the right formatting before publication. This may require volunteering 1 day every three months. The publication leader will start their work every time after getting a notification from the content leader that the content is ready to make sure the newsletter is published in time. This volunteer should have good experience with editing Wikimedia projects.
Distribution leader edit
The distribution leader is responsible for delivering the published new issue of the newsletter to subscribers on talk pages, email addresses, mailing lists and social media. This may require volunteering 1 day every three months. The distribution leader will start their work after getting a notification from the Publication leader that the newsletter is published. This volunteer should have good experience with editing Wikimedia projects.
- Christian Cariño, Content leader.
- Msannakoval, Content leader.
- Mohammed Sadat Abdulai, Publication leader.
- Saileshpat, Distribution leader.
- Rberchie, Distribution leader.
- Nichole Saad, General support.
- Ananth subray, Distribution leader.
As you know, the newsletter is curated by community members across the Wikimedia movement; education program leaders like you who help us edit, publish and distribute this newsletter. If you would like to volunteer to be involved in any of the three roles, sign your name below and we'll contact you on your favorite wiki .
- Sandipan Banerjee, Preferred Role: Distribution leader Jhalmuri (talk) 16:40, 2 March 2018 (UTC)
- Basque Wikimedians User Group is developing some programs in education. I would like to summarize them and send in the next Newsletter. -Theklan (talk) 20:32, 16 March 2017 (UTC)
- Would love to do General Support in Newsletter Section. Mohammed Galib Hasan (talk) 04:58, 21 November 2018 (UTC)