Apply to become a Regional AmbassadorEdit
The application process for the Regional Ambassador role entails two stages.
- Stage 1: Fill out the application (see below) and submit it to jmathewsonwikimedia.org.
- Once we receive your application, we will review it as soon as possible and let you know whether or not you have been moved to the next stage.
- Stage 2: Wikimedia staff will conduct a 15-30 minute Skype, Google Hangout, or iChat screening with you — ideally with video — to allow both parties to explore more specific questions.
- Soon after this screening, we will inform you whether or not you have been selected as a Regional Ambassador, and if yes, which region you will be overseeing.
Once Regional Ambassadors have completed the application process and been appointed to a region, there will be some virtual training sessions.
- Stage 1: Video orientation with Wikimedia Foundation staff and other Regional Ambassadors
- Regional Ambassador applicants should be available for a 2–3 hour online orientation on Wednesday, June 27, 2012. If you cannot make that time, we will try to make an alternate time available.
- Stage 2: Complete Professor orientation online
- Once the Professor orientation is available online, Regional Ambassadors should review these slides by July 7th to familiarize themselves with the information professors are receiving.
Start the application!Edit
Interested in being a Regional Ambassador for your geographic region? Please complete the application and email it to jmathewsonwikimedia.org. There are two ways to acquire an application, and it makes no difference which one you pick:
- Option 1. Download the .pdf version of the application HERE. You can recreate these answers and email it in any format to the below email address.
- Option 2. Request a .doc version of the application, by emailing Jami Mathewson (U.S. and Canada Education Program Associate) at jmathewsonwikimedia.org.
When you're done with the application, email it to jmathewsonwikimedia.org, and we'll be in touch shortly.
The deadline for becoming a Regional Ambassador for Fall 2012 is June 25th. If you are interested after this date, please email jmathewsonwikimedia.org.