What is the timeline?
How can I learn more?
Team Applications edit
Get together with a group of fellow Wikimedians who are enthusiastic about starting an education initiative in your community (at least 3 people). Read through the application guidelines below to make sure you all understand the commitment, timeline and scope of the Wikimedia & Education Greenhouse and decide if it’s right for you. Once you’re ready, complete the corresponding application form by May 12th, 2019. One team will be chosen to participate in this first edition of the Greenhouse. This team will receive seed funding, on-site support from WMF staff, and will participate in a free 9-month online course on project management for Wikimedia and education projects. You can find more information about the selection criteria below.
Submit your Application! edit
When you are ready to submit your team application, add your project name in the input box. Applications are open from April 5th to May 12th, 2019. If you have any further questions, feel free to send a message to mguadalupe wikimedia.org
Submitted Applications edit
This list is automatically generated listing pages with the category "Education/greenhouse/teamsubmissions" (Purge the cache of this page in case a recent draft does not yet appear here)
- Education/News/May 2019/Wikimedia & Education Greenhouse: Applications closed!
- Education/Greenhouse/teamsubmissions/Wiki Citizenship Education
- Education/Greenhouse/teamsubmissions/Open Education Community Program
- Education/Greenhouse/teamsubmissions/WBSU Wikimedia Education Program
- Education/Greenhouse/teamsubmissions/Greenhouse Project Nigeria
- Education/Greenhouse/teamsubmissions/SEABA Education Program
- Education/Greenhouse/teamsubmissions/On boarding declining language in Wikipedia project through engaging indigenous community
- Education/Greenhouse/teamsubmissions/Wikipedia Awareness Campaign
- Education/Greenhouse/teamsubmissions/Alva's Wikipedia Students Association
- Education/Greenhouse/teamsubmissions/WikiAtelier dans les universités de Guinée
- Education/Greenhouse/teamsubmissions/Open Education Bangladesh
- Education/Greenhouse/teamsubmissions/Wikipedia Education Program in Rajshahi
- Education/Greenhouse/teamsubmissions/Open education resources in Uganda
Individual Applications edit
If you are an individual who would like to learn more about Wikimedia projects in education but are not ready to commit for the immersive Greenhouse experience, you can still join us on the free online course “Wikimedia Education Project Management - An introductory course on how to change the world with Wikimedia and education”. Read more about how you can participate in our online course below. Once you’re ready, complete the following application form: Wikimedia & Education Greenhouse - Individual Application for Online Course. The course will be open until March 2020. Through this online course you will be immersed in a co-learning environment with a global cohort of peers. There’s no limit to the participation of interested and committed individuals in this free online course.
Online Course Details edit
In this section you can find more information and resources about the online course, a key element of the Wikimedia & Education Greenhouse. Remember that while the course started in July 2019, you are still welcome to participate. To be part of this free online course you only need to complete the following application form: Wikimedia & Education Greenhouse - Individual Application for Online Course. The online course is open for any enthusiastic volunteer who is looking to strengthen their project management skills for Wikimedia education projects.
When you are ready to submit your course application, click on the button below. The course was launched on July, 2019 and will be open until May 10, 2020.
If you have any further questions, feel free to send a message to mguadalupe wikimedia.org
Code of Conduct for Online Communications edit
Participants in the first edition of the Wikimedia & Education Greenhouse have access to different channels of communication:
These channels allow participants to communicate between each other as well as to communicate with WMF staff, lecturers, and other members of the Wikimedia & Education community. In order to encourage a positive experience in these communication spaces, participants are expected to honor the following guidelines:
General guidelines and expectations:
What happens next?