WMF GLAM report
Grants: Review Round 1 of the New Project Grants and Yearly Reports from APG grant recipients
The Grants department at the foundation, recently reconfigured a number of Grants programs. In the process, what was formerly the IEG process, which has funded a number of GLAM-Wiki related grants in the past, has gone from a rolling application period, to a deadline based application period. Round 1 of 2016-17 just ended its submission window, and is now open for comments. The following grants are related to GLAM-Wiki activities:
- GLAM-Wiki Proposals
- Librarybase -- a project by Harej (talk · contribs) which focuses on extracting citation data in a WikiBase from Wikipedia articles for reuse. Relevant for technical outreach to libraries.
- Related tech proposals
- Arc.heolo.gy- a visualization project for Wikipedia and Wikidata material, used to eveluate and explore WIkipedia's content.
- Wikimedia Augment a project proposed to develop augmented reality features for Wikimedia Projects.
- StrepHit renewal -- a project to improve the primary source refernecing on Wikipedia.
APG 2015-16 FDC Reports arriving
The Round II reports for FDC APG Grants, have been mostly submitted by recieving organizations. Many of them include reports on GLAM-Wiki activities. Find the reports as part of the records at this Meta Page
New Content Donation Evaluation Report
In 2015/14, the Learning and Evaluation team at the Wikimedia Foundation collected data on how Content Donations from GLAMs. The data has been analyzed and turned into a report on Meta.
This month has been fairly busy, in both recovering from Wikimania, and I had a number of personal events (including my wedding!). The highlights on GLAM-Wiki work includes:
- Recover and followup from Wikimania.
- Finish, and polish IFLA White Papers for publication at World Library -- publication soon.
- Finishing blog post about Wikidata + GLAM, under review from Wikidata+GLAM leaders, should be published mid August.
- Work with TWL team on preparation for IFLA World Librarian Congress and meeting with Association of Research Libraries, as continuation of Wikipedia Library work, and modeling potential collaborations with big networks in Galleries, Archives and Museums.
- Created GLAM-Wiki handle that mirrors the Twitter account on Facebook, so that the communities less active on Twitter, do not loose that channel of communication.
- Worked with Wikimedia Argentina to document case study on digitization to begin collecting best practices/models in digitization. Will be published in August.
- Consultations with:
No comments yet. Yours could be the first!