|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Category:Wikipedia Education Program Serbia|
Education Program Manager, Wikimedia Serbia
Wiki Student (2007 -), Wiki Gymnasium (2012 -), President of Wikimedia Serbia Academy Board (2012 - 2017), Wikimedia Serbia Board member (2005 -)
Wiki Student (2007 -), Member of Wikimedia Serbia Academy Board (2012 - 2020), Wikimedia Serbia Board member (2005 -)
President of Wikimedia Serbia Academy Board (2017 - 2020), Wikimedia Serbia Board member (2015 - 2019) and (2021 -)
Program Description and metricsEdit
Wikimedia Serbia has participated in the Wikipedia Education Program since 2006. It has partnerships with 30+ academic institutions (universities and secondary schools), they run 3 projects, and are coordinated by Education Program Manager and overseen by an Academic Board. Until 2022 over 8900 students in Serbia have created 11.000+ articles on Wikipedia and Wikidata items. In 2017, Wikimedia Serbia has published a new brochure specifically for the education sector to promote its work and highlight good practices. To learn more and download a free copy of the brochure in Еnglish, please visit this link. In 2018, Wikimedia Serbia has also published Wikipedia Tutorials, Guidelines for Wiki ambassadors and Guidelines for editing Wikipedia with Visual editor.
Accredited Wikipedia course for teachersEdit
After the Serbian Ministry of Education prescribed that as of September 2014 all students in the second year of secondary school curriculum must study wiki tools, the Institute for the Improvement of Knowledge and Education has included a course on Wikipedia in its catalogue of accredited programs for continuous professional development of teachers, professors and other school personnel. This accreditation lasted for two years and the course started in December 2014. The course, called “Usage of Wikipedia in teaching and learning”, was developed by Wikimedia Serbia and the Academic Board of the Wikimedia Serbia. It`s achievement was reported in This Month in Education. Read more at Education/Government Partnerships#Serbia. During the school year 2015/2016, Wikimedia Serbia has realized 7 seminars, attended by 170 teachers in Serbia.
In 2016, new course called “Usage of online wiki tools as didactic tools in teaching and learning” was accredited by the Institute for the Improvement of Knowledge and Education. The accreditation lasts for two academic years (2016/17 and 2017/18) and the first course was realized in November 2016 at Primary school "Vuk Karadzic" in Surčin. Until now Wikimedia Serbia has realized 14 seminars, attended by 309 teachers. It is important to mention that Wikimedia Serbia has submitted the Accredited seminars project at the Ministry of Education, Science, and Technological Development in August 2016. The project had been accepted and had been realized until the end of May 2017. You can also check a gallery and English version of Accredited seminars website.
In June 2018, Wikimedia Serbia received new accreditation for the course "Usage of online wiki tools in teaching and learning". The accreditation lasts for three academic years 2018/19, 2019/20 and 2020/21. In June 2022, Wikimedia Serbia received forth accreditation for the course "Usage of online wiki tools in teaching and learning" that lasts for three academic years 2022/23, 2023/24 and 2024/25.
|Seminar name||Year||Number of seminars||Number of participants||Number of Wiki pages|
|Usage of online wiki tools in teaching and learning||2022, 2023, 2024, 2025|
|Usage of online wiki tools in teaching and learning||2018, 2019, 2020, 2021||24||411||398|
|Usage of online wiki tools as didactic tools in teaching and learning||2017, 2018||20||379||333|
|Usage of Wikipedia in teaching and learning||2015, 2016||7||170||56|
- Wiki Student is a project for university/higher education and their students and teachers / assistants.
- The idea is to introduce students to Wikipedia, its meaning, benefits, and above all, editing, and the teachers / assistants encourage the use of modern approaches to teaching.
- The aim is to introduce a Wikipedia in the higher education system by writing term papers on a given topic from a university subject.
- For further information, please visit our page on Wikipedia (Serbian language)
|School Year||Number of institutions||Number of participants||Number of edits on Wiki projects|
|Wikipedia pages||Wikidata items||Total|
Wiki Gymnasium (secondary schools)Edit
- Wiki Gymnasium project is designed primarily for high schools (especially gymnasium) and their students and teachers.
- The idea is to familiarize students with Wikipedia, its meaning, benefits, and above all, editing, and to encourage teachers to use modern approaches to teaching.
- The aim
- To introduce Wikipedia into the education system by writing papers (term papers) on a given topic from a certain subject (geography, history, biology, etc.).
|School Year||Number of institutions||Number of participants||Number of Wikipedia pages||Number of Wikidata items|
- Wiki Schooler is a project for primary schools and their students and teachers.
|School Year||Number of institutions||Number of participants||Number of Wiki pages|
Wiki in other institutions and organizationsEdit
|Name||Year||Number of participants||Number of Wiki pages|
|Belgrade Centre for Security Policy||2019, 2021||19||21|
|Kids Centre Zaječar||2018||14||8|
|Regional Centre for Talented Youth Belgrade||2017||14||12|
|Unitas - International Humanitarian Organization||2017||10||8|
|Petnica - International Science Summer School||2012||16||16|
Wikinews in schoolsEdit
- Wikinews in schools is a project aimed at the development of the project and the Wikinews introduction of students to the basics of online journalism.
- The plan
- To teach courses on journalism and workshops on editing the Wikinews, to pupils / students prepared for independent research and writing news.
- Faculty of Media and Communication, Singidunum University, Belgrade (February - October 2010).
Wiki Ambassador is a person who facilitates communication and builds cooperation between WMRS Education program and educational institution which attends. Elected Wiki Ambassadors at this time:
- Luka Jovičić Wiki, Ambassador at Faculty of Mathematics University of Belgrade
- Miloš Todorović, Wiki Ambassador at Faculty of Philosophy University of Belgrade
- Teodora Lukić, Wiki Ambassador at Faculty of Biology University of Belgrade
- Ђорђе Илић, Wiki Ambassador at Faculty of Philology University of Belgrade
Representatives of Wikimedia Serbia are frequent participants in scientific and academic conferences in Serbia and abroad. In this way, we want to contribute to the dissemination of good practice, to share with others our experience of working on the Education Program, but also to learn from others. Also, we strive to achieve the greatest scientific and academic background for our activities, but also to work on publication of author's papers in domestic and foreign scientific journals and proceedings. Here you can see a list of all our published work and attendance at events in Serbian language.
The Academic Board (Академски одбор) was established with the aim to improve cooperation with scientific and educational institutions in Serbia. The target groups are schools, colleges and institutes, together with their members - pupils, students, teachers / professors. The Board manages educational projects with the aim of spreading free knowledge and the introduction of Wikipedia and its sister projects in the educational school system of our country. By the decision of the Assembly of Wikimedia Serbia, the Academic Board was disbanded in December 2020.
Education Program ManagerEdit
This Education Program Manager position was introduced in January 2015. It was recognized that the Education Program has huge potential to develop, but requires additional reinforcement. The Education Program Manager works closely with the Academic Board, sharing principles and practices already established by them.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Category:EduWiki Learning Day Belgrade 2014|
The goals of the EduWiki conference were to increase cooperation between Wikimedia and academic and scientific institutions, to promote cooperation between regional Wikimedia chapters on educational projects, to connect local education leaders with Wikipedia editors, and to grow Wikipedia's use in education. Wikimedia Serbia was the second Wikimedia Chapter to host an EduWiki conference. The 2014 event in Belgrade was the third EduWiki Conference. There is additional information on the conference website.
- N1, Danas, Politika, Dnevnik, Euractiv.rs, Energyobserver.com, Radio Belgrade 1: Fifteen years of application of the educational program of Wikipedia in Serbia
- Knjaževac info: Wiki Treasure of my Region
- N1: Does Serbia keep pace with the world?
- City portal 018: Teachers learn how use Wikipedia in school
- South media: Seminar for teachers at the Faculty of Philosophy
- Student from Vranje at Edu Wiki camp
- Students in Niš write for Wikipedia
- TV N1: How Wikipedia can be used in education?
- Wikipedia in Schools at "Sveti Sava Gymnasium"
- BKTV: Wikimedia Serbia at "Language, Literature and Technology" Conference
- The Signpost: Wikimedia in Education. Serbia takes the stage with Filip Maljković.
- July 2022: Wikimedia Serbia received a new accreditation for the professional development program
- May 2022: Wikibooks project in teaching
- March 2022: The edit-a-thon on Serbian Wikipedia on the occasion of Edu Wiki Week
- October 2021: The Second Online EduWiki Camp in Serbia
- July 2021: A paper on Students' Attitudes Towards the Use of Wikipedia
- April 2021: Students of the Faculty of Philosophy in Belgrade have started an internship program
- November 2020: The first Online EduWiki Camp in Serbia
- November 2020: Fifteen years of implementation of the Wikipedia Education Program in Serbia
- September 2020: Wikimedia Serbia is organizing the first online Edu Wiki camp
- June 2020 - Wikipedia in schools competing for innovations in teaching award
- May 2020 - Wikidata introduced in Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade
- April 2020 - Wikimedia Serbia was organized action on improving students assignments on Wikipedia
- January 2020 - Twenty video tutorials in Serbian language on editing Wikipedia
- November 2019 - “Olympic sports through history” on Serbian Wikipedia
- September 2019 - Wikipedia workshop at the Summer IT School for Teachers
- August 2019 - Quality learning and recruiting students at Edu Wiki camp
- June 2019 - The introduction of the Wikipedia into the educational program has expanded
- February 2019 - Wikimedia Serbia made tutorials in Serbian language on editing Wikipedia
- January 2019 - Third prize for Wikipedia in schools project
- July 2018 - Wikipedia in schools project at the "New Technologies in Education" Conference
- June 2018 - Wikimedia Serbia has received a new accreditation for the Accredited seminars for teachers
- March 2018 - Students of the Faculty of Biology in Belgrade edit Wikipedia for the first time
- February 2018 - Wikimedia Serbia launched Wiki scholar project
- January 2018 - Wikimedia Serbia celebrated 10 years from the first article written within the Education Program
- December 2017 - Wikimedia Serbia has established cooperation with three new faculties within the Education Program
- November 2017 - Wikipedia workshop against human trafficking in Serbia
- October 2017 - Wikidata implemented in Wikimedia Serbia Education Programe
- September 2017 - Wikipedia is now a part of Textbook in Informatics
- August 2017 - Edu Wiki camp in Serbia introduces students to Wikipedia
- July 2017 - Education brochure launched by Wikimedia Serbia
- December 2015 - Teachers in Serbia professionally trained to use Wikipedia in the classroom by Wikimedians
- February 2015 - Serbian high school student advocates for the Education Program
- December 2014 - First Wikipedia Ambassador at the University of Belgrade
- October 2014 - Wikicamp 2014 in Serbia and Hungary brings chapters together
- June 2014 - Wikimedia Serbia's teacher education course accredited by the Republic of Serbia
- Learning and Evaluation newsletter 2014 - Learning Quarterly: Grow the awesome: A program in the spotlight: Wikimedia Serbia Education Program
- Wikipedia in Schools 2012-2013
- Annual Grant 2012-2013 Q1
- Annual Grant 2012-2013 Q2
- Annual Grant 2012-2013 Q3
- Annual Grant 2012-2013 Q4
- Annual Grant 2012-2013 Q5
- Annual Grant 2014 Q1
- Annual Grant 2014 Q2
- Annual Grant 2014 Q3
- Impact report 2014
- Progress report January - June 2015
- Accredited course report, Summary of feedbacks from participants, 2016
Links of InterestEdit
- Accredited seminars for teachers
- WMRS Education program on Dashboard - 2017/2018 school year, first semester
- WMRS Education program on Dashboard - 2017/2018 school year, second semester
- WMRS Education program on Dashboard - 2018/2019 school year, first semester
- WMRS Education program on Dashboard - 2018/2019 school year, second semester
- WMRS Education program on Dashboard - 2019/2020 school year, first semester
- WMRS Education program on Dashboard - 2019/2020 school year, second semester
- WMRS Education program on Dashboard - 2020/2021 school year, first semester
- WMRS Education program on Dashboard - 2020/2021 school year, second semester
- WMRS Education program on Dashboard - 2021/2022 school year, first semester
- WMRS Education program on Dashboard - 2021/2022 school year, second semester
- WMRS Education program on official WMRS website
- WMRS Education program on Wikimedia commons